Friday, March 6, 2009

one too many steve's

Today has been pretty busy with a ton of running around, hence the late post.

The girls are at Grandma and Grandpa's again, this time without Tyler (he's napping at the moment). G&G said they wanted to spend some special time with the girls, but I think he may be a little too active for them-this weekend at least.

I had to do that hour long glucose test for diabetes today. Ick. Seriously, how did I not remember how bad that stuff tastes? Why is it so hard for pharmaceutical companies to get a medicine to taste good? It's a sugar drink people. I could drink lots of kool aid and that would do the trick! I feel like I have been eating non stop since I got my blood drawn just to get that horrible taste out of my mouth.

I'm hoping another healthy serving of Rocky Road will do the trick.

..............................

I never have extra time in the morning, but this past week I have been getting up earlier (I think because of the sun- I can't believe this weekend is daylight savings already) and yesterday I thought that I would send Steve a bossy email. You know, the type that would get his attention and maybe even a reaction of some sort.

So I wrote him that Melanie had convinced me to get a mac for my next laptop, so our account would be missing between $1000-1800 today. That would get a reaction, would it not? I finished it up with i love you, blah, blah.

Then I was worried he would think the message was a little harsh, so I decided to add a little romantic sentiment post script. Something perfectly appropriate between a married couple, but a little something something to persuade him to come home a little faster.

Thinking I was all that, I inserted the address, hit send, and tried to guess how long it would be before I got a phone call from him.

He, hee.

I'm so funny/naughty/clever.

But then I had a feeling.

A bad feeling.

An emptiness in the stomach that only occurs when I know I've made a mistake, but refuse to admit it until I find evidence otherwise. I was hanging on to every shred of hope as I clicked into my "sent" file. I clicked on the email that I just sent to my husband and groaned.

My evidence was right there, plain as day at the top of the email.

I sent that little funny/naughty/clever message not to my Steve Foster, but another Steve Foster.

Not just any other Steve Foster.

My husband's father, Steve Foster.

Oh, the embarrassment.

I knew instantly there was absolutely no way to get that dumb thing back. I knew I was sunk. My only option was to write a quick apology note to his dad, hope he would understand, and move on.

Luckily, just that has happened. Grandpa Steve was very gracious to respond politely, and I have moved on. Perhaps a few shades redder, but I have moved on nonetheless.

I have learned my lesson. One, Make a big difference between the emails of similar names in my address book, and two, check the address before I hit send.

At least I didn't feel compelled to send a photo also.

That would've been really bad, huh?

Have you ever said or sent a message you wished you could have ripped right out of the air before it got to the wrong person?

Please. Leave it here and help me feel better about myself!

3 comments:

Tringali Family said...

Audrey you crack me up! Did your father in law at least forward the message for you? hahaha
I have an embarrassing story to share. Once we were with ALL of Steve's family at JCPenneys getting family pics done. Well we were all grouped around the computer looking at the pics trying to decide which ones to order. Well, I thought Steve was standing next to me and I started to rub his back.....well, it wasn't Steve! It was a brother and I won't say who. He turned and looked at me and I was like....OOOOPSSSSS! SOOOOOOO embarrassing. I am just glad I didn't go for his butt!

Casey said...

HA! I've nearly done that with the same two people.. luckily one of the addresses reads Steve Foster (Brother) and the other just reads Steve Foster. LOL, but let me know if my brother gets any email about upcoming racing events that I will be in.

Becky said...

ahhh, that was too great! and you are such a clever writer!