Friday, December 12, 2008

comment word verification anxiety

I know that I'm a total dork, but when I see that I need to verify a word before leaving a comment on some one's blog I get nervous.

Why, you ask?

I'll tell you why. It seems (I haven't actually crunched any numbers, I'm not that lame) that 90% of the time when I enter exactly what I see, it tells me to do it again, with a fresh set of scrambled letters.

I JUST DID THAT!

Why do I have to do it again? Are you making me do this because my comment isn't that significant? Are the people at blogger monitoring comment sections and when they see me they try to get me to rethink posting my comment? Should I not bother to try again? Oh the angst.

For all of my fellow bloggers, if I leave a post on your blog and you have a word verification requirement, you should feel very special. Very special indeed.

1 comment:

Kasie West said...

I feel very special. And I want you to know that the word verification I am about to enter for this comment on your blog is "reentous." Where do they come up with these words? I am with you, I hate them too. And why do they have to make them all wavy. It hurts my eyes.