I've got that yippee skippee feeling right now. So nice to feel something other than nausea.
Here's why:
1. I'm totally excited about Christmas this year. I'm wanting to start going through all our decorations and get a move on it all ready. But more than that, I want to buy more decorations. I think I've got some good ideas for gifts this year too, so I better write them down before I forget.
2. The girls are spending the night at grandma and grandpa's again. Excited to be down two kids for about 20 hours.
3. Thinking about the things that could get done during that period of time.
4. Cleaning and organizing the scrap room is very high on that list. That makes me happy.
5. I can't wait to see Twilight next week. Going with a couple friends and I am wishing it were tonight. That will be such a fun time.
6. Throwing around the idea of reading Twilight again so that I can (1) remember what happened in the first book and (2) be able to compare the movie to the book.
I am fully aware that if I do pick up that book again nothing (including decorating for Christmas or organizing the scrap room) will happen.
Decisions, decisions.
As far as the candy experiment goes, it was a smash. The girls (and Tyler for that matter) were so excited to go to the pantry and get candy all day. The only rule was they had to sit at the table to eat the candy.
During the process I realized something that worked even more in our favor: when there was unlimited options and amounts, the girls would get three or four different pieces going at a time, then get bored and throw them out. Or unwrap one, take a bite, realize there was probably something better in the bag and toss that to go back for more. It was a beautiful thing. Now I believe we're down to a handful of suckers for each girl. That I can handle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
send me an email
emilie_ahern@yahoo.com
and I can give you some great tips on working with patterned paper with big patterns.
Post a Comment