I have a thing for frosting. Anyone who knows me knows this. I try to be low key about it at birthdays and weddings, pretty much any celebration where cake is served. I just hope for the best piece with the most frosting. Yummm...
When I am really hard up for something sweet, sometimes I just go dippin' in a can of frosting. Yes. I stick my index finger in and scoop away. I know my method is probably a big factor for the repulsiveness, but it works. It's convenient.
For informative reasons, I feel that I must say that I never use the same frosting to dip and actually frost a cake. C'mon, that's just gross. If you're ever at an event where I have made a cake, please don't wonder whether the frosting has an extra ingredient (that being my saliva).
Steve thinks my indulgence is disgusting. Sometimes I think he is actually going to hurl he sounds so distraught.
Which leads to the debate.
Tonight he started in on me again about how terrible it is, blah, blah, blah. I told him that normal people did things like this, that eating frosting isn't all that bad. He thinks I'm the one who is abnormal.
What do you think?
Don't worry, I won't hold your opinion against you. Leave a comment, let me know how "normal" I am.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


11 comments:
PLEASE help me break her from this!!!!!
Thank you,
Steve
well you know how I feel for both you and the acuser, and I KNOW that what you do IS normal! Be it normal for all BUT your odd husband, or for men and women to be arguing this subject, or it may just be that I am just as sick as you.....I think your normal. Your husband might disagree however! oddly this posts word verification has letters of nvydg, maybe that is nv (envy) you dg (dog) hahahaha steve so totally for you, you envy your wife for being normal, you dog you!
what about using a spoon? :)
mariana
I don't see a problem with it. Isn't it just like eating chocolate chips from the bag, instead of making cookies. Or squirting whipping cream straight into your mouth instead of putting it on a sundae? (I won't mention whose husband does those things!) I think it's just cutting to the best part.
Steve- Did you really sign up for a blogger account just so you could try to make your point? You guys need something real to argue about!
I don't know if you remember me, Audry, but we used to be in the Peachwood Ward together a long time ago. Anyway, I don't see the harm in eating frosting. Just do it when he's not around and there's no argument. Or just scoop it out into a bowl like you would ice cream or yougurt or something like that. Can you tell what method I use to solve my own marital arguments??? LOL!
Have no fear Audrey - you are completely normal! In fact, you just might be a kindred spirit - you can never have too much frosting on anything! And just think...you are actually saving calories by having it on your finger rather than on cake or graham crackers. So keep it up and make sure you beat me to the dessert table at the next activity because I will also be looking for the piece with the most frosting. :)
So does this mean that Steve is not a fan of "licking the beaters" when you're done making frosting? Justin would have to get a new daddy Adam thought this way...I think Justin likes licking the kitchen aid beater more than eating the chocolate frosted cakes I make!:)
You are BOTH right. It's nasty, but everyone does something like this. I personally use a spoon and grab a big scoop of cookie dough- in my attempt to keep the saliva out and prevent double dipping. What dads don't know as they peacefully munch away on a tasty treat at work is that moms have to hurry or the kids will see. If the kids see they have to have a bite and if they have a bite they don't eat their lunch and mom feels guilty. So I say, scoop away, mom. If it really bugs dad, maybe a bigger scoop will help the saliva stay in your mouth instead of the can. I'd probably use my fingers for the cookie dough, but I don't think I'd be able to scoop it out.
I don't like frosting.
We always have an open can in the fridge! Usually because someone snuck it out of the pantry and I put the lid on it and put it in the fridge. i always have to buy a new can to frost whatever I'm making because the can I bought ahead of time has already been delved into. Don't even get me started on beaters, from brownies to cake, to cookies to bread batter, I love it all! The bread batter grosses Jared out, but I love anything gooey! Oh, and wedding cake frosting is the BEST!!! Sorry, I think I need to head to the fridge for a dip!
Heh, heh, that sounds like us over ranch dressing. Because I like ranch, I vote that you win. :)
Post a Comment