So, this may sound kinda dorky, but I'm gonna blog about it anyway.
Ever heard of the book (or movie I'm told) called The Secret? I saw all the shows on Oprah about it, thought it was kinda weird, but then saw the book for like nine bucks at Target. I figured, "what the hay?" and picked it up.

It's a real fast, easy read, and there wasn't anything earth shattering. It's been a while since I finished it, but what I took away was if you want something, ask for it. Put it out to the world, be positive and open, and it will find it's way to you because you're "channeling" it. If you focus on good things, good things will come and vice versa.
About five months ago I made a list of things that I wanted to happen in my life. Not a list of goals, just things that would be really cool to have come into my life. One of them (can we say super dork) was to receive scrapbooking stuff in the mail. I check blogs daily, and there are all sorts of giveaways on any given day. I just wanted to win something. How cool to answer the door and get a box of goodies? I wanted that.
I have struck gold twice. The first time was here and I got a box full of really cute stuff. So exciting: Melanie found out first and called to tell me to check out Elizabeth's blog. The best part is it is scrap stuff that I will totally use.
Then Tuesday I came home and sitting on the counter for me was an envelope addressed to me with no return address and I did not recognize the handwriting. As I opened it up a mini scrap book fell out. I won again! Who knew?
Make of it what you will. I am going to run upstairs and add "one billion dollars" to the list. Ya never know! I'll be open to it!


1 comment:
How awesome to win something! I don't know about winning a billion dollars, but well...the McDonald's monopoly thing is going on right now...maybe a million? haha!:)
Post a Comment