Wednesday, September 17, 2008

just as I was thinking I had nothing to blog about

I went to use the restroom real quick.



I know you're thinking, "Is she really going to blog about going potty?"



Yes. I am.



But first, I'm going to talk about privacy. You see, growing up my family was a very private family. Everyone had there own space, we knocked (and waited for a response) before entering closed bedroom/bathroom doors, and everyone was always dressed.



The same theme has kind of transferred over to my new family. Well, as much as you can with three kids now under five. But the girls have gotten really good about waiting for me until I come out of the bathroom. And quite frankly, it's been nice going to the bathroom by myself.



But now Tyler is at the age where he has to know what I am doing every second of every day (unless he is asleep). So I am back to having an audience. Oh joy.

So I go in to do my business, Tyler right behind me with a CD that he stole out of one of the boxes in the family room. As I am finishing up he does the unthinkable. Or, maybe for boys it is the only logical thing to do. I have this thing in my hand... there is a big bowl with water in it... let's put the thing in the bowl!


I had not flushed yet. Are you kidding me?


I threw the CD out. It's a good thing it's an old one.


I don't remember the girls ever going through a let's play in the toilet phase. This is getting old.


So there it is, my post for the day. Sorry for the potty mouth!




P.S. Today is Wednesday. Wednesday = early dismissal day. I'm just letting you know I will pick up my daughter on time this week.


She really drove the point home that night at dinner when she was telling me about her Popsicles she got to eat after the jog-a-thon.


I: "I got a red one, a green one, and a purple one!"


Me: " You got three otter pops?!?"


I: "Yep."


Me: "Did all the kids get three otter pops?"


I: "No, their moms picked them up."


Steve (to me): "You totally walked into that one."



Happy early release Wednesday.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Isabel cracks me up...I love the dinner dialogue. Don't beat yourself up too much about it. I did it once last year also (I will have to tell you about it later). Seriously, who has early release in the middle of the freakin' week? That is totally a Friday thing, don't you think?

Terrie D said...

Let me just say I HEAR YOU!!!! I didn't have a lot of these new phases until the twins!!! We have a very small toilet room in our master basth and yes you can fit 3 people in this very, very small room. And of course they don't want to stand in front of you, noooo! One must stand on each side you! In the less than 10 inches of space between the wall and the toilet (not to mention my large rear end taking up some of that space) each child must stand!!! Why? Who knows!

BTW, Love reading your blog!!