Today we went to the zoo with the girls' class. It was great: we got there before the schools and because the weather is beautiful today the animals were actually out and even playful. Usually when we go it's so hot that the animals are in the coolest areas, usually out of view. It was a pleasant change.
Katie is in the pink hat, Isabel in the blue, and their friend from school was our "expert" (his words) today. He was usually the first to find the animals and held gates and doors open for us. He was a great expert to lead the way.

The girls and another friend met up and had to hold hands- I thought it was sweet.

The tiger was pacing in his cage, but stopped to pose for the picture. I can't imagine taunting one of these things. See how far I was standing from the barrier already?

We went through the petting zoo area where the kids got to use brushes to groom the goats and sheep.

The zebras were peacefully eating their breakfast, so the kids didn't hang out there for very long.

We walked off to another exhibit and had to pass back by the zebras about three minutes later and this is what we saw
Don't mind my partial conversation. I forgot there is audio too.
Our zoo's new attraction is Sting Ray Bay- you pay an additional dollar to get in and pet the sting rays. At certain times you can buy little cups of fish to feed the rays too. Pretty cool. The girls were kinda nervous, so they just wiggled their fingers in the water when no rays were near.

Katie's cute cheekers. Love 'em.

Isabel getting an idea of what the world would like like if she were as tall as a giraffe.

Tyler just hanging out, going along for the ride.

We had a picnic to round out the morning, came home and had some quiet time. What a fun day!
1 comment:
Hi Audrey!
I saw your post on Mel's blog and was so excited that it was you!
You look so great and your family is just darling. I've thought about you a few times these past few years and hoped that you were well. I'm so happy to have found you =).
email: kristicontreras@gmail.com
Blog:
http://anthony-and-kristi-at-home.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment