Tuesday, March 18, 2008

totally green


I wanted yesterday to be fun for the girls, and since a majority of their lives revolve around food, that's the direction I took. I went crazy with the little bottle of green food coloring. It was the most fun I've had preparing food in a long time!

For breakfast we had green pancakes and green milk.



Then for lunch I made green mac n cheese with green apples and grapes. More green milk too, they thought that was especially funny.


And when I say the mac n cheese was green, I mean it was incredible hulk green. I could see hesitation and doubt from the girls, but once they took a couple bites they decided it tasted the same.



For dinner I made flautas (thanks Melanie). I totally forgot that green tortillas are available in the grocery store now, so the only thing green we had for dinner was guacamole chips and lime kool-aid. Forgot pictures. Oh well!
To wrap things up, after family home evening we had sugar-free pistachio pudding w/green sprinkles and a mint oreo cookie. Like I said, lots of green yesterday.


We stopped to see Grandma Alice too. The kids had fun seeing her (eating all her pretzels) and listening to the live music.

2 comments:

The Smith Family said...

I LOVE all the green!! You're much more creative than I was yesterday...Justin had green milk in his cheerios at breakfast and then we ate green mashed potatoes with our turkey and dinner stuff. The green mashed potatoes looked pretty gross I might add!:)

Cristy said...

It was St. Patricks Day? Just kidding! I really need to get my act together and make holidays fun for the kids!! Thanks for the kick in the rear!