Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Dad would be so proud


goggles in the kitchen can only mean one thing: it's onion choppin' time! I'm making a recipe that calls for translucent onions sauteed with garlic. I am not an onion fan, but I have tried this meal before and I liked it. We also happen to have all the ingredients on hand, and it's a crock-pot set it and forget it (I know that's not the crock pot slogan, but hey, it works!) deal, so that's what I'm doing for dinner. I'm looking for ease and quickness today people (I've got mutual and Steve has basketball).

Anyway, my dad would be proud; not because of how attractive I look in goggles, but the fact that I am cooking with onions. That's his favorite. We would all groan at home when he would make breakfast, lunch, or dinner because he always found a way to work onions into the picture. Yuck. The worst was fried onions, a special treat for him. So if he were to walk in my house right now, I'm sure he'd stay for dinner (he's in Arizona though). I on the other hand have all the windows and sliding glass door open with the fans on trying to disperse the aroma. I'll give in enough to cook with onions, but I don't have to like it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

celeste says you look silly...giggle... giggle. mariana

Audrey said...

It's not the first time someone has said that, and I'm sure it's not the last!!

Candice said...

I thought my sister-in-law was the only one to use the goggle trick. I laughed the first time I saw it, but now it's apparent that I'm the odd man out since I never got the goggles in the kitchen lesson. I love, love, love onions! Onions make everything taste better!!

The Smith Family said...

I love the goggle look--I totally need to get some to use when I chop onions! I LOVE onions, but HATE to cut them...I always try to recruit Adam to do it (I don't understand why they don't make him cry...whatever!:)) but he's not usually around when I need them cut! Excellent solution!!:)