Saturday, December 1, 2007

Adventures in Parenting

10:30pm- crawl in bed early, totally exhausted
12:20am- Steve gets up to help Isabel to the bathroom, then tells me she got sick-in bed.
12:22-12:30am- help clean up: change clothes, sheets, brush teeth, back to bed
12:36am- Tyler wakes up, ready to eat
1:00am- Put Tyler back to bed, then try to get back to sleep
3:20am- Isabel wakes up again tossing cookies
3:20-3:34am- help clean up, again
3:36am- Steve decides that she could use some peptol bismol and leaves to find an open WalGreens
3:45am- Isabel makes it to the bathroom to get sick this time
3:48am- start a shorter clean up process
4:05am- Steve gets back and gives Isabel a tablet
4:10am- Isabel is in the bathroom giving back the medicine
4:20am- Isabel is in the bathroom again, giving back the rest of the medicine
4:46am- Isabel is now just throwing up for fun I think
6:00am- Tyler wakes up hungry again
7:15am- the girls get up, and here we are

This has been a crazy night, and I have the laundry to prove it. Isabel has only gotten sick one other time, and Katie never has, so this was quite a night. She seems to be doing better now, but refused breakfast. I think I'll wait until Steve gets home (he's helping someone move) to give her anything else, just in case she blows her top again. I don't want to deal with that by myself! Have a happy and healthy Saturday!

No comments: